Mooooooooooooaaaanning Monday

What is there to moan about less than 3 days away from Christmas?! Let's see, how about the fact that I'M NOT DONE SHOPPING! Eek!

And the worse part is that the traffic and stores are insane so I don't even want to TRY and finish. I also didn't prepare to make anything either so I don't have that to fall back on.

You know, in all honesty it just doesn't feel like Christmas around here. I think I kept waiting for it to feel like Christmas to get into the spirit, and here it is and...nothing. Part of it is probably finances. Mel and I are only able to buy for the kids this year instead of each other the way we usually are. And the people I usually do crafts or bake for are even out of luck.

I know it's not about the presents, but I don't feel anything that goes along with Christmas other than (of course) the thanks I feel that my Lord and savior was born on that day.

I want my snow, and fires in the fireplace, stocking hung with care, and the smell of cinnamon and Christmas trees. I want the joy of spending time with family, and remember the reason for the season. I want Christmas to feel the way it did before we were worrying about putting food on our table. :0( If someone hadn't given us a tree for free we wouldn't even have a tree. And it's only the first day of Christmas break and I'm already worried about lunches for the kids because all they've done is eat today. And instead of being glad that Mel is off for Christmas I'm just sick with worry about the money we'll be missing out on that we need so bad. I think all the stress and worry is really putting a damper on my holiday cheer. I AM so grateful to have our warm house, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm just explaining why I feel so bahumbug'ish.

Okay...I'm done moaning for the day.

I really do hope that everyone has the merriest of Christmas' this year. Please remember that without Christ there is no Christmas.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...