Tasty Tuesdayisms

Happy Tuesday!
That's not something you hear very often...you hear "Happy Birthday/>Insert Holiday Here<", "Merry" this, and of course there's TGIF! But you don't often hear, "Happy Tuesday!". I just think that Tuesdays can be under-appreciated at times. But you know, even sadder than that is Monday. EVERYone hates Monday. Monday gets no love. Wednesday is infamously known as "Humpday" and Thursday is almost Friday, but I really think that Monday and Tuesday get the short end of the deal. Don't even get me started on Saturday, and Sunday. Those lucky bastardo's get all the glory. They're like the honorary king and queen of days. Honestly they seem rather smug to me, just saying. Sunday is all "I'm the Sabbath day, the day for worship!", Saturday is all fun and games with the sleeping in and fun-having. Mr. "Oh look at me, most people don't have to work so they have all the fun on MY day...", I just don't think the weekdays, (other than the oh-so-loved FRIDAY) get enough attention.

I honestly don't know how that happened. A simple "Happy Tuesday" turned into an entire rant about the days of the week...and why their lives just aren't fair.

It's Tasty Tuesday people! That means I get to blog about my favorite subject. FEWD!!!!! I love food. Honest to goodness head over heels in love with it. My scale, and clothes could probably attest to just how much I love food. Being the food lover I am, I believe that I appreciate it more than the fellow woman. (Man, and child.) I can actually watch someone eating something and find myself becoming jealous and angry over the fact that there is no way they are enjoying and appreciating their meal as much as I would have, had it been me gloriously indulging myself with their edible delights. See what I did there? I went on another tangent.

Ahem, okay, today I am going to share another fave food site of mine.

I love allrecipes.com, almost more than I love kraftfoods.com! (If you missed that post, you can check it out {HERE}.) I think what really sealed the deal for me and allrecipes is the fact that they had the recipe for disappearing marshmallow brownies!!! Gasp! What?! You don't know what disappearing marshmallow brownies are?! Hmmm...I see next Tuesdays post already...

Anyhow, back to allrecipes.com...
They have helped me out on a NUMBER of occassions when I only had a few things on hand, and had no idea what to make. They have this nifty ingredient search that is awesome. You can enter in ingredients that you want, as well as ingredients that you DON'T want.

They have a Healthy Cooking section that makes it easy to count calories, increase fiber intake, and control your cholesterol, without having to sacrifice those yummy comfort foods.They have healthier variations of almost any food, and even has recipes for healthy sweets and desserts.

One of the coolest, and most unique things about allrecipes.com is the Recipe Exchange. You can request recipes, ask questions, read reviews, and even browse photo's of some recipes users have found at allrecipes.com! You can also browse questions that other users have asked, and view answers they've been given.

Are you hosting a Super Bowl party and having a hard time coming up with recipes? Check out their Big Game section! It's loaded with tons of super yummy, party friendly recipes. They've got all sorts of recipes for wings, dips, etc.

Best part, you can view all of that without even signing up! BUT if you sign up, you'll have your very own "My Allrecipes" where you can save your fave recipes!

Head on over there and pick something yummy to cook tonight. If you do, leave me a comment and tell me about it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...