RTT: Random Tuesday Thoughts 4.5.11

Last week I participated in Random Tuesday Thoughts for the first time! I thought it was such a good way to catch everyone up with one post that I decided to participate this week too! Still waiting on The Unmom to return as host, but until then I will be linking up with Jamie from TaterTwins.



After all the dramatically dramatic drama we endured Hailey FINALLY got her dinner at her fave restaurant. Nakato's! It's a Japanese steakhouse. You know, they kind that cooks your dinner there in front of you. The kids love the "show". They probably eat more food there than any other restaurant!





{Leah's Poor Lil' Sunburnt Face}

Mel took the Joshua and Leah fishing yesterday and both Leah and Joshua got a little sun. The poor pale things could use some.



So, did anyone else catch Grey's Anatomy "The Musical Event"? Okay, so I LOVE Grey's. I've been a loyal viewer for what, something like 6 years now? So it's hard for me to say something bad about the show. But the "musical" event...just didn't work for them. Don't get me wrong, the first song, I liked, and the last song, I LOVED, but I wish they had just gone with those 2. I was embarrassed for the show. All Mel and I could do was look at each other with wide eyes and say, "Seriously?". They can sing a lot better than I would have thought, but it was just a little too cheesy for my taste. That is all on that matter.




I finished up Plague of the Dead, and dove right in to the sequel, Thunder and Ashes. I'm really liking this series! I'm not sure if there's a third book, but I will be disappointed if there is not.


I got to spend some time with my most longtime friend Sunday afternoon! We've been friends for more than half of our lives, almost 20 years! I got to see her mom and dad which was so nice, and walk around her childhood home. It was so neat seeing rooms we once played in, and our favorite play place her "rock pile". It brought back so many memories! We caught up over fajita's at our fave Mexican restaurant, and then spent time at her new place looking at old photo's and remembering our crazy teen years. It was awesome. I feel really special and blessed to have a lifelong friend to share these memories with. 1993-Present



Leah spent Saturday afternoon with my sister Katie and met up with us at Nakato's, she came wearing the CUTEST boots that her Aunt Kay Kay had bought her. She loves them. I love them more.


I never did get the new books and movie I wanted last week. :( Lover Unleashed, and Zombie Chasers: Undead Ahead {Actually for Joshua, but I'll steal it for a read too.}, and Tangled on BluRay. Now I have found out that the new Sookie Stackhouse book will be out this month as well as the new Mortal Instruments book! I'm going to be broke buying books.


Last week I spent several days compiling a list of 100 facts about ME. I can't think of an appropriate time to publish the post though. Keep an eye out for it.


I ordered my first cloth diapers Friday and they are expected to arrive today! I'm over the moon excited to get them! I got two bumGenius 4.0's. There are 4 different kinds I will ordering to see what work best for us. Yes, I'm going to try cloth diapers with Grayson. No, your opinions aren't needed. {Unless they're to tell me how freaking awesome I am for trying.}



I have a new-found obsession with nail polish. I seriously NEVER paint my nails. In fact last week when I got an awesome new teal nail polish it was the first time I had painted my nails in YEARS. Since then, I have painted them two more times. Currently enjoying a pattern of fun Springy colors. The girls are enjoying my new love for nail polish too.


 I think I need to come up with daily post topics to get me back in the game of posting daily again!!


I failed my gestational diabetes test Thursday. Blah. That means a 3 hour test this morning. I don't understand why I ALWAYS fail the 1 hr. but pass the 3hr.?? I hope I pass the 3hr. this time around anyway.



The girls went to sleep in their own beds! This is big for us, and I hope it's a regular thing!


That is all.


Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

1 comments:

Jayme said...

I LOVE those kind of restaurants.

And woot on the cloth! I cloth diapered Mia, and have gone back and forth with the twins. (Our washer wasn't draining right for awhile, so I used disposables and we've gotten into the habit)

I actually used to own a cloth diaper store before I got pregnant with them :)

My all time favorite diapers are pockets. Specifically, Fuzzi Bunz :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...