5 Weeks


 5 weeks? FIVE weeks?! How can it be?? It seems like it's a mistake, like I've lost a week {or two} in there somewhere.

The past two weeks especially have been a whirlwind of changing and growing and milestoning. Enjoy my new word and feel free to use it. {Okay, milestoning is a word, but not used in the context I am using it just FYI.} G's been milestoning like milestones are going out of STYLE. Actually in this house they are. I keep begging Gray man to slow his roll and just stay small for just a wee bit longer, but I swear the more I beg, the more he grows. This kid is already rebellious.

In the past two weeks Grayson James has rolled front to back, is this-close to rolling back to front, his belly button is officially a real life belly button and is no longer stumpy and gross which is a milestone in itself, but because of said achievement this means that a} he's a full-fledged cloth diaper baby (which you know) and b} he's taking "big boy" baths in his baby bathtub. No more sponge baths! We're getting real smiles in reaction to our goofy baby talk, coo's and communicative grunts, and real genuine laughs! In all their squeaky glory! This boy's taking a paci like a paci sucking pro, but we're still working on the whole bottle thing. {I'm fearing he's following his sisters "NO BOTTLE NO HOW" policy that made date nights impossible for a looooong time while she was a wee little baby.}

I am in utter disbelief that Grayson is a month old. A MONTH OLD. Actually a month and 4 days. Super sads. Super mega sads.

We're going for the one month well child check up tomorrow morning and I'm so excited to see how much my chunky monkey has grown the past month. {I really want to know my if my milk is doing it's job.} Of course I'll add the stats. And of then pics too. Sadly my camera decided it was awesome timing for it's battery to drain while I was doing G's 5 week pics tonight. But I caught some SMILES! Tee-hee! REAL SMILES! {Not promising good pics though, by the time I noticed my settings needed adjusted the battery was dead.}

I will say this, I am incredibly thankful and SO glad that Tommy got to meet his newest nephew! He even saw Grayson's brand new smile as he put it to use Saturday night. My sadness in all of this is that G won't know what an awesome man his uncle was. He'll hear stories, but he'll never know him. And that's a tragedy.

Okay, enough of the sads. Pics and stats tomorrow!!!!!! {Orrrrrrrr soon'ish.} And then I'm back on my bloggy break.

*UPDATED 8/7/11*
G's 1 Month Well Child Check Stats:
Weight: 11lb's 5.5oz's, he's gained amost 2.5lb's the past month!
Length: 22"
Head: 40cm {Grew 3 cm's since birth.}

He is in the 90-95th %tile for weight and the 70th %tile for length. {My chunky boy! ^_^}





Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...