7 Weeks
7 weeks old means....
•His eyes are getting sooooo blue!
•He's rolling over FOR REALS! Well...it's mostly on accident, but still, rolling over is rolling over.
•He's been in cloth diapers for 4 WHOLE WEEKS!
•FIRST ROAD TRIP! I won't call it his first vacay, it was for sad reasons, we took an 8 hour drive up to PA for Tommy's "Celebration of Life".
•Sleeping more! For G and for mommy. We're seeing a lot less vamipire raccoon baby. Actually, we're not seeing him at all really. Grayson is sleeping all night some nights! If he does get up it's only to eat and then he's right back down.
•He's sleeping in his crib! Grayson has begun taking naps in his room during the day! {We're still co-sleeping at night though.}
•First bottle! Well...kind of. We attempted some expressed breast milk a few weeks ago, it went a lot better than it's going lately. The good thing about breast feeding though? He doesn't need bottles! It's no biggie. Just means I won't be leaving him for long periods of time. {I can live with that.♥}
•Googles, squeeks, squeels, and baby talk. It's sooooo adorable. Mostly he just yells! Just grins a big grin and yells at the top of his lunges. It's so funny. He wants to talk and babble so badly, but he doesn't quite grasp how to go about doing all that communicating stuff. So he gets all excited, kicks his chunky munk thighs and screams and yells. It's hilarious.
•Lots and lots more SMILES. {As seen HERE.} Real, genuine smiles. Usually followed by a big happy holler!
•Squeeky, donkey'esque laughter. Sometimes Gray man will surprise us and bust out a little giggle here and there. It's so squeeky and adorable. The bestest sound in all the world for sure.
•First yucky cradle cap experience. I didn't even realize he had it until I washed his hair and his skin started coming off in his hair! I about freaked. Once he was rinsed and dry he was covered in dry skin. I brushed it out of his hair and it hasn't returned since. It was really weird...
•New big boy nightly routine! {As described HERE.}
•Clothes are getting tight. D: <--Super-mega-sads face. He's quickly growing out of 0-3 month clothes. A HECK of a lot quicker than I ever imagined he would. He looks ridiculous in NB now, and shouldn't be wearing it at all. He's even a snap size bigger around his little {expanding} waist in his cloth diapers!
•Mommy is learning G's likes and dislikes. Slowly, but surely. When he's swinging or chilling in his bouncer, he likes feeling safe and secure so mommy has to tuck him in with a fuzzy blankey. No swaddling, no receiving blankets, it has to be a FUZZY blanket, not wrapped, but TUCKED tightly under each arm, up high, right to his little chin. Complete the technique with a paci and baby G Man is golden.
•I've come to realize that Grayson is NOT a crier. I am sooo blessed. Now don't get me wrong, if you deprive the boy of boobs, paci's, fuzzy tucked blankies, or a dry butt he will let you know it. But it's more of a "grunt, grunt, ugh, yell, grunt" sort of thing. Not the typical baby "wa, wa, wa". He basically politely tells you he's not happy. And if you're not appeasing him with the quickness he might get a little angry with his grunts and yells. But that's about it. Even at night, if he wakes up hungry, I wake up to aggravated grunting sounds. It's pretty awesome.
•Grayons is AWESOME.
•Picture taking is slowing down. I won't lie. It is. I hope it doesn't slow down, way down, like before. But it's definitely slower.
That's 7 week old G in a nutshell. He's an incredibly awesome baby. We've truly been blessed beyond measure.
Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!



0 comments:
Post a Comment