Ooo That Smell!! Part IV

I'm still here, fighting my battle, defeating the beast one load of dirty diapers at a time.

One may think this would sway my feelings for cloth diapering. But it hasn't. At all. I'm still loving cloth diapers, just as ever. What I'm hating is myself. For ruining them like a stupid McStupidton.

So...where did we leave off...the bleach. Oh yes. The bleach. I did the wash routine, and rinsed, and rinsed, and rinsed so many times I lost count, I rinsed literally repeatedly all day. I couldn't get the bleach smell out of the diapers. Finally I said screw it and threw the inserts in the dryer and hung the covers. Another stupid move? I threw my Planet Wise wetbag in the wash. With the bleach. DURRRR Now I have a tie dyed wetbag. Oh well.

Once the dipes dried, and were pee'd in, all I could smell was bleach. I hated having that on my babies skin. Luckily it didn't seem to do any harm. No rashes, etc. Once the load was all soiled and washed again, with my original wash routine, I waited to see what came of the ammonia smell.

Still there. Still lingering. Clinging to my diapers with it's dying breath.

The smell wasn't as strong, not nearly. But it was still there. I did notice, however, that it doesn't seem to be in all of the diapers, just some. I really don't know what the difference is.

I'm still washing and playing with wash routines to see what works. Adding water softener, adding hot water to the wash, rinsing and rinsing and rinsing and rinsing, etc. I'm still keeping the Rockin' Green Funk Rock in my arsenal, I've also been suggested to use some sort of ammonia killer that is used in fish tanks, as well as an organic odor eliminator for pet urine.

Like I said before something will work eventually, I just have to figure out what.

I will say, that going through this has pushed me to experiment more with our regular laundry. Joshua recently left an orange crayon in a pocket that got overlooked, washed, and dried with a load of laundry leaving orange stains on EVERYTHING. Normally I would say screw it, and leave the spots deeming the clothes as "play" clothes or "lounge" clothes for myself. But not this time! I worked and scrubbed and experimented until I got the orange crayon out of those clothes! I was rather proud of myself!

I promise a conclusion to this seemingly never ending battle. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

1 comments:

kay said...

i have wax on a shirt i can NOT get off. give up the goods sister. i need those tips to remove crayon!! :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...