Fave Emmy Moments 2011

Ty Burrell's Acceptance Speech
“Wow.  Wow.  Thank you so much to the Academy for this honor.  Thank you so much to Fox and ABC for giving me this job.  I actually got kind of a late start in acting and my dad passed away before he ever saw me perform.  And I can’t help but wonder what he would think of all this--that I have a job everyday where I go to work in full makeup.  I think he’d be thrilled that I get to work with such talented and loving people as Julie Bowen, Jesse and Eric, and Ed and Sofia.  And if he were here today, I think he would say, ‘But why the makeup?’"

"Why do you have to look like a harlot? Dad, just think of me as a very masculine lady. I do son." Ty Burrell is one of my favorite actors. He's acted in my most favorite movie of all time and now acts in one of my most favorite shows of all time! He so deserved to win Outstanding Supporting Actor. His speech was both heartwarming and hilarious, I seriously didn't know if I should laugh or cry.

Best Actress in a Comedy Nominees
This was seriously one of the best moments. When they began announcing the nominees Amy Poehler waltzed up to the stage pagent-esque style. When Melissa McCarthy was called next she looked up at Poehler and you could read her lips as she said, "Oh you wanna do this?" and joined Poehler on stage. The rest of the nominees joined them and the winner was announced Miss Universe style. It was brilliant and hilarious!

Melissa McCarthy's Win
Melissa McCarthy's win for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy was pure awesomeness. Her reaction was priceless. Her surprise was so genuine, she was so incredibly humble and thankful and most of all DESERVING! As her name was announced she looked in shock and gave a good old fashioned, "OH SHIT!", that we couldn't hear, but was SO obvious! I LOVE Melissa McCarthy and am so glad she won! She is a beautiful, hilarious, and incredibly talented actress!

The Lonely Island Band
This is by far the best musical performance I've ever seen in an awards ceremony. Okay, that may be a tad bit of an overstatement, but seriously, were they not awesome? The SNL derived comedy/music group is beyond brilliant and saying they're merely hilarious just doesn't do them justice. The mix up of their songs was awesome sauce in music format and having Michael Bolton join in full blown Jack Sparrow get up with Akon belting the "I Just Had Sex" lyrics made for one of the best moments of the Emmys last night.

Modern Family Win
Modern Family owned the Emmys last night. They deservingly won Best Supporting Actor and Actress in a Comedy for Ty Burrell and Julie Bowen, as well as Best Direction and Best Writing of a Comedy. My last fave moment was Steve Levitan sharing that he was recently approached by gay couple thanking him because Modern Family makes viewers more tolerant, Levitan agreed: “There’s nothing wrong with a loving, committed relationship between an old man and a hot young woman — and looking around the room tonight, I see many of you agree.”.

Did you catch the Emmys last night? What were your fave moments? What did you think of Jane Lynch hosting? I personally thought she did a fantastic job. She had great jokes and I didn't feel like there were any awkward moments or bombs from her like I've seen in other hosts.


Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

1 comments:

wagthedad said...

Thanks for posting on the Emmys. Living out of the country, I don't get access to al of this stuff, and unless someone blogs about it, I don't know anything.

Oh, and yesterday I found a lot of change in the bottom of my coat pocket. It was awesome.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...