Menu Monday

This week I'm making a couple of recipes I didn't get to the other week and I'm throwing in a couple of different meals too. Oh and I can't forget an awesome dessert I'm dying to try!


This week we're having...


Crock Pot Lasagna
Throw the ingredients in and leave it to cook itself? Yes please! You don't even have to cook the noodles. We all know that waiting for water to boil blows.


"Priest" Chicken
Yea, this is one I never got to...chicken, cream cheese, and Italian dressing in the crock pot. YUM! I'm swapping out the cream cheese for neufchatel to save some fat and I'm using boneless skinless chicken breasts!


Crunchy Taco Bake
A taco bake that includes Doritos is A+ in my book! I'm using fat free sour cream, and cutting back the cheese on this one. I also plan on using as little Doritoes as possible.




Rating? I give it 4 out of 5 stars. I think I will leave out the diced tomatoes next time. Maybe incorporate salsa instead? And I think I will wait to add the Doritos. They came out burnt. But all in all it was good! Mel liked it, gave it 4.75 stars. :) Joshua liked it more than his sisters. Leah liked all but the crescent roll crust. Hailey was more picky and didn't eat much of it.


Cornbread Taco Casserole
I lurve me some Jiffy cornbread this incorporates my fave corny delight with sour cream and taco meat. It looked sooo yummy. Can't wait to try this one! I'm using low fat sour cream, and lean ground beef, and will be using cheese sparingly.


Spin Art Pasta
I've made this before and it's crazy good ya'll. I'm going to try switching out the cream cheese for neufchatel  this time so I hope it turns out as good. :)


And the super yum dessert? No-Bake Snickers Pie!!

I'm trying to make a few healthier swaps, sometimes I look back at our menu and feel like it's all junk! I always include a side of veggies, but do admit our meals tend to be quite hearty. :)

What are ya'll eating this week?

1 comments:

Creating Through LIFE said...

Thanks for featuring my Crock-Pot Lasagna! Hope it turns out great!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...