Miss Independent

Aw Leah chose Mickey House over Ponge Bop! I heart her hardcore.

She decided that once she officially turned two years old, she would start watching the tele like a big girl. I try to keep it down to at a maximum of 6 hours a day, or while her brother and sister are at school. Totally kidding, she doesn't have a 6 hour long attention span! The TV pretty much stays on either Playhouse Disney, or Nick Jr. though through-out the day, but mostly for background noise. She loves her some Little Bear almost as much as Ponge Bop and Mickey House.

She's reached the first stage in life where she thinks she is 18 and therefore should be permitted to do things that an 18 year old may do. I'm pretty sure Kelly Clarkson wrote "Miss Independent" about a two year old.

She thinks she can change the channel to said fave shows at any give moment, even though she A} Can't read. and B} Does not know her numbers by sight quite yet.

She also thinks she is capable of driving. Even though her feet don't even come to the edge of the seat, let alone reach the peddles.

Almost everyday we come home, she races to the door, demanding my keys so that she may unlock it. I would tell her, "Leah, you can't reach." So she decided to start dragging the porch chairs over and standing on it to unlock the door. She is now our occasional door unlocker, and it's rather impressive that she can not only put the key in, but turn it.

Tooth brushing has now become easier and harder at the same time. She is actually letting me brush her teeth without a fight, BUT I have to let her brush them first, and after I am done, and when you're in a hurry to leave the house this can be problematic.

I love my independent girl. But sometimes, just sometimes, I wish she'd be my little baby again.




Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...