They had it all wrong...
Remember the whole, "This is your brain...*egg*...This is your brain on drugs...*fried egg*..." commercial from way-back-when?
They had it all wrong.
That's not your brain on drugs, that's your brain when you are pregnant.
There's different names for it. I call it pregnancy brain. And it's real. WebMD says so! Actually lots of places say so. Just google "pregnancy brain" and you will see! Unless you're a mom, because then you KNOW it's real.
Lately there are two things in particular that I am really struggling with. One being spelling/grammar. I've always been very good at spelling. It's something I have prided myself on. I also have always considered myself to use grammar rather efficiently. Now, I can't spell anything. And that sentence about grammar? I don't even know if it even makes sense. I can't even figure out how to properly say that I used to be good at grammar. It used to be that I would type something, and just know it didn't sound right. Now nothing sounds right. So I don't know if it's correct or not!
I'm often finding myself using the wrong their/they're/there. Not for lack of not knowing which to use, but just not paying attention to what I'm writing! Not using the correct usage has ALWAYS been a pet peeve of mine! Same as you're/your. On more than one occasion I have found myself typing "Your" when I mean "You're". Again, I KNOW the difference, and it's always bugged the crap out of me to see someone say "your" when they mean "you're" but here I am peeving myself! Then and than? For the love of holiness I can't remember which to use when!
It's awful.
The second thing suffering from my fried brain? The kids school. I would say the kids, but they don't really care, it's the poor teachers who are paying the price! Forgetting to sign the agendas, or even CHECK them, forgetting lunch money, snacks for Hailey, not turning things in on time...it's been awful. I've had to run the kiddo's medication up to the school twice, money for Joshua's field trip because it was the LAST day to turn it in, and I know I was up there for something else. But what? Who knows. The office is great at letting me know that they're soon to run out of medication. But do I remember to call the doctor for a refill? Yea, uh, NO. I've gotten at least three letters from the cafeteria because they've had to charge lunches. Just because I am to dang frazzled to remember to pack their lunch money. {In my defense, one letter was from Joshua charging breakfast because he was eating at home, then going to school and eating there too! :o}
I keep meaning to write apologetic letters to the kiddos teachers explaining why their mom suddenly seems to be absent. But it's yet another thing I keep forgetting to do.
I'm trying to write things down. Reminders on the calendar, in the kids agendas, alerts in my phone, etc. It's not doing much good, but I suppose it helps somewhat.
I'm just glad I have a somewhat good excuse for my utter lack of responsibility.
How did you mama's out there cope with your pregnancy brain? Any helpful tips that you've managed to hold on to?
Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!


0 comments:
Post a Comment