I know I've said this, time, and time again. But I really, re-he-heally, need to start breaking out my 50D more. Poor thing just sits these days. Unloved. Uncared for. Alone. I would say collecting dust, but I keep it in a bag...but my camera bag is SO collecting dust.
I love my camera. Dearly. So dearly that I think perhaps I baby it too much. If I kept it with ALL the time I would be and could be capturing SO much.
I partly blame my camera phone. It's SO much easier to whip out my phone and snap a pic! Especially since my phone is ALWAYS on me. It's such a poor, poor replacement though. And to be honest, I've even been slack at taking phone pics recently. {No "Week in Phone Pics" post for me this weekend. :( }
Another guilt factor, I feel like, no it's not just a feeling, I take WAY more pics of Leah! Not purposely at ALL of course. I'm with her allll day while the kiddos are at school. And that's when most picture taking occurs. Once Joshua and Hailey are home it's a whirlwind of homework and afternoon snacks and then they're outside playing until bath time and dinner time, then bedtime. {Or they're in their rooms playing while I'm doing laundry, dishes, or preparing dinner.}
I hate that I don't have more pics of them. Phone pics or not. I hate it. I feel like their left out of so many posts. {I fear once G's here it will get even worse, and more airtime will go to him then any of the other kiddo's.}
So my photog friends, how do you do it? I read so many blogs with so many awesome pics of their kiddos. ALL their kiddos. Do you have any tips for me?
Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!


1 comments:
i take way more pics of elijah than the rest. like me, we know that this doesn't mean that we love them any less, but i have seen some real jerks leave comments on a particular blog (i won't name names)of a person that has six kids with the youngest two being two twin girls and she tends to photograph them more. people have left rude comments on her blog saying "you do know you have 4 other children don't you?" it becomes so much different the older the get so we tend to photograph the littles more. people just don't get it until they are in that situation. even though i need to follow some of my own advice, i would suggest taking photos of things that represent them if you can't get them in the photo and just talk about them.
Post a Comment