Friday Wrap Up

I'm not posting about food today. I don't have it in me to whine and complain anymore. But I will probably be back to it on Monday. Maybe. We'll see. Depends on just how whiney I am.

Labor Day weekend is upon us! This is our first Labor Day weekend at home in several years. We've always traveled up to PA with Tom in years past. This is our first Labor Day at home, and our first Labor Day without him. Usually it's holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas that have you missing your loved ones. But I'm pretty sure every holiday is going to be heavy on my heart because he was always there every holiday. Pennsylvania for Labor Day, cookouts for Memorial day, Easter lunch, and then of course, Thanksgiving and Christmas. They're going to seem so empty now.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's at all possible that Grayson sleeps too much. I'm sure there are hundreds of moms out there that would want to slap me for even saying that. But seriously! He still sleeps like 20 hours a day! I'm not complaining, I'm just a worrier, and find anything out of the norm to be worrisome. Perhaps he just shares my love and affection for sleep.

Leah's preschool open house was yesterday! My baby girl is starting preschool. Oh my. The open house was lovely. She met her teachers, and was able to get acquainted with her classroom and her very own sippy cup! Her classmates were there, but everyone seemed to stick to themselves for the most part, staying within arms reach of their moms. Except for Leah of course. She completely ignored my presence, sat down and said, "Bye mom!". It was almost too much to bear. But I didn't want to make a scene. Luckily I am friends with another teacher at the preschool and we were able to catch up while Leah spent the hour playing, eating goldfish, and drinking water from her school cup. She's so ready for school!

Joshua and Hailey's first full week of school came to a close today. They are doing so amazingly well! I am so proud of them. When you're the mom of two kids with ADHD, and one of them has OCD on top of that, you worry like hell those first few weeks of school. Really, I worry daily, but nothing compares to those first weeks. In years past I would have already received a complaint or two by now, and I've heard nothing! Nothing but smiley faces and stickers. :D I am so, so proud.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day weekend!

Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...