skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Today was the day. The day I took yeast on head to head. If yeast bacteria have little heads...I was killing those little yeasty suckers. Once. And. For. ALL.
G is sensitive. Like uber sensitive apparently. So one thing that needed to be done on top of murdering the yeast, was stripping the dipes of detergent, just in CASE he was having a reaction to it.
First things first I searched the house for all things cloth. Wipes and dipes alike. And threw them in the washer. {That thing was FULL, even with it's big 'ol drum!} I squirted in some good old blue Dawn dish soap and put it on a heavy duty wash cycle, hot/cold. I did a few wash cycles, then several warm/warm rinse cycles until I felt the dawn was OUTTA HERE.
THEN, I added between 20-40 drops of tea tree oil {honestly I lost count around 30'ish.} And did a sheets cycle, hot/cold. Then I removed all the non-bleachable wipes and dipes, leaving all of the inserts, wipes I don't care about, and dipes that had the "OK" from their manufacturers to bleach. I added 1/2 cup of Clorox, and did another sheets cycle, hot/cold.
Wondering what I did with the non-bleachables? I put those suckers in a tub with the hottest water that will come out of our faucet {Mel said between 130 and 140 degrees.} to soak, and to let that hotness murder what the tea tree oil didn't.
That's as far as I've gotten so far in real time.
Next step? Rinsing the mess out of the bleached stuff, spritzing some bleach on just the inside of non-bleachables dipes, throwing them back in the washer, quick rinse, then I'm adding All Free & Clear for a heave duty wash hot/cold, and then a double warm/warm rinse.
Then I'm drying all I can on HIGH. Some stuff is a no-no on high...those will be hung, but I plan on doing at least 10 minutes on high for everything to kill any remaining yeast. {And praying the 10 minutes doesn't kill my diapers in the process.} *edited to add* scratch that, after googling, I'm throwing everything in the dryer on high.
So that's the plan.
Back up? Taking everything to my mom's for a hot, hot wash. She doesn't have HE so she can actually do a HOT HOT wash. Where as mine is more of a pretend hot. I'm hoping the tea tree oil and bleach make up for the lack of hotness...I'm also considering some grapefruit seed extract. I can't find it ANYwhere locally but I will order it online if I must.
So that's the attack plan.
I am praying and hoping and crossing my fingers this works and that the yeast will be banished to the deepest darkest part of hell FOR-EV-ER.
PS I'm not putting Grayson in any cloth until the yeast rash is gone for GOOD. Which means possibly another month in disposables. :( But even a couple of months in disposables, I'm still saving a CRAZY amount of money! Dolla dolla bills ya'll! Okay, that is all.
Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for me @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!
0 comments:
Post a Comment